Network Engineer IV
Brooksource is searching for a Network Engineer IV for one of our leading Fortune 500 telecommunication clients in the Charlotte area. You will be working with the network environment for the client nationwide. Network engineers will be responsible for handling a variety of projects, upgrades, and deployments for equipment. They need to have experience with routing and switching, Cisco devices, Juniper devices, and a background in the networking industry. This is a great opportunity for someone who is capable of working independently but fully running with projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans and implements enterprise networks and related hardware and software.
· Designs and documents network architecture.
· Performs assessments on existing technologies to determine performance and capacity gaps.
· Establishes security (firewalls, intrusion detection), connectivity and access parameters.
· Provides recommendations to optimize network infrastructure.
· Tests and tunes security devices and systems.
· Programs routers and switches. Implements communications technologies (data or voice).
· Manages network services from planning phase through implementation.
· Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure is required.
· 10+ years of experience.
· Cisco Nexus models
- Nexus 5K, 7K, 9K
- Layer 2 and layer 3 knowledge
· BGP Routing
· Routing and switching
· On-call responsibilities and overnight maintenance
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.