Sandy Springs, GA
6 Months Contract
- Designs and develops updated network infrastructure in support of one or more business needs.
- Ensures a balance between tactical and strategic network technology design solutions and considers end-to-end business problems within and outside the enterprise.
- Develops and produces converged network best practices and ensures architectural guidelines are utilized. Acts as a key contributor in a large complex environment.
- Determines and pursues course of action necessary to achieve results.
- Frequently leads teams on specific projects providing broad direction and expertise.
- Usually determines own work priorities.
- Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides configurations and technical leadership as a primary technical resource on Internet Protocol (IP) router network technologies (BGP, OSPF, ISIS), traffic flows and overall end to end network communication.
- Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in network design and IP services for network optimization and produces fundamental and detailed designs for implementation.
- Analyzes traffic engineering data to forecast network capacity requirements for efficient network designs and overall cost reductions.
- Performs technical training for regional engineers and operations/engineering (XNOC) groups on current and future technology.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for IP networks and provides technical direction for network problems.
- Maintains the configuration and supports the engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Background experience on Security infrastructure
- Background understanding on Cisco Firewalls- ASA 5505, 5506 and ASDM
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science
- CCNA is required, Perl, Python UNIX Scripting languages a plus
- Generally, requires 5-8 years related experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.