Network Management System Tools Engineer
Norfolk, VA (partly remote)
Rate Dependent on Experience
Our Fortune 10 client is looking to add a Network Management System Tools Engineer to their engineering team! As the Network Management System Tools Engineer, you will be chartered with developing solutions for a public sector account. You will have the opportunity to develop and update solutions, perform hardware and software testing, create test plans and test cases, assist in certifying new solutions, and troubleshoot complex network problems. You will also assist in developing deliverables that meet customer’s written requirements as well as security requirements that are outlined in DISA STIG’s. This position will give you the opportunity to grow, work, and learn with a leader in the telecommunication market.
· Interim or Secret Clearance
· CompTIA Security+ certification
· In-depth knowledge of Linux administration, Windows server administration, Web Server IIS, Apache, Samba, MS SQL Server, Oracle DB, NNMi, Aruba Clear Pass Policy Manager (CPPM), and scripting (PERL, .NET C#).
· Reading and evaluating solutions against DISA STIGs
· Understanding of TCP/UDP protocols and OSI layers and network management tools
· Review and evaluate various testing reports, such as ACAS, and effectively mitigate reported vulnerabilities and help assess risks
· Comprehensive knowledge of Linux and Windows server, Installing and Troubleshooting
· Experience with formal Systems Engineering processes/methodologies (DSEM or TDLC)
· Develop and apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
· Plan, develop and direct projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
· Develop investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
· Review literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
· Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services and consult on technical implications to other organizations.
· Works in an Agile/Scrum/SAFe environment utilizing a mixture of frameworks and methodologies.
· Experience working in large enterprise and/or Tier 1 carrier networks
· Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
· BS Degree in IT-related field
· Industry Certification – MCSA, MCSE, Linux
· Knowledge of Navy enterprise networks
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.