Brooksource is searching for an Cybersecurity Network Defense Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Charlotte, NC for a 12 month contract. Candidates must have the CCNA & Palo Alto ACE certification.
The Cybersecurity Network Defense Analyst protects the Enterprise against unauthorized cyber activity by administering network defense systems, access policies, and technologies. This Analyst also designs, implements, and maintains network defense solutions. This role focuses on all facets of day to day primarily firewall administration and operations. It also includes various project-oriented initiatives, troubleshooting incidents, service disruption events, various compliance activities, software and firewall policy optimization and maintenance.
Daily you will:
· Perform day to day firewall policy administration
· Maintains security framework across the enterprise.
· Participates in security improvement/optimization initiatives.
· Contributes frequently to team knowledge base.
· Maintains up-to-date documentation of security infrastructure, changes, and security strategies.
· Interacts with security architecture as necessary to understand, apply, and enforce security requirements
· Proactively identifies and makes recommendations on potential security issues and solutions.
· Assists or leads project-oriented firewall deployments.
· Configures, installs, and maintains security hardware.
· Leads investigation and troubleshooting efforts during service disruption events.
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Networking Technology concentration)
· CNNA Certification Required
· Palo Alto ACE Certification Required
· Foundational knowledge of TCP/IP
· Foundational knowledge of VPN configuration and troubleshooting
· Foundational knowledge of DNS and DHCP
· Working understanding of security principles – desires to improve security posture of enterprise
· Ability to analyze application flows
· Ability to analyze network traffic
· Innovative – ability to recognize and seek improvement and efficiency opportunities
· Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
· Team player, works well with others
· (Direct report) Reporting directly to the Firewall Operations Manager
· (Hours) Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM, on call rotation
· (Dress code) Business casual
· (Location) Charlotte, NC
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.