• Support, operate, and maintain datacenter network security and threat management systems servicing US Signal Cloud Computing customers
• Support, operate, and maintain datacenter network fabric and infrastructure systems servicing US Signal Cloud Computing customers
• Collaborate with and assist Data Engineering for US Signal Cloud Projects and Customers
• Capacity planning and management of network & security resources and platforms
• Ensure secure connectivity between datacenter and service provider network.
• Tier II and III troubleshooting with internal team members, vendors, and customers.
• Development of methods of procedure (MOPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for engineering, NOC, and provisioning teams.
• Perform maintenance during data center maintenance windows as required including hardware, software and firmware upgrades.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Research (vendor and industry), evaluate, and implement solutions in response to Product Development requests.
• Document and work with peers on new technology and topology designs, including providing training across departments within the organization.
• Manage and operate an enterprise class datacenter/infrastructure environment
• Network Security: Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint, Pfsense
o Server Systems: Dell, Cisco
o Network: Cisco, Dell, Arista
o Virtualization: VMware ESXi, VMware’s vSphere, vCloud Director
o Microsoft Server Technologies: Active Directory, Server 2012/2016/2019
o Linux OS and variants
o Firewall platforms
o Network monitoring platforms
• Vendor Management
o Engage vendors and research new technologies as requested by Management
o Engage vendor technical support for hardware or software problems
• In-depth understanding of multi-layered network security and segmentation constructs with practical experience in at least one hypervisor, preference given to VMware’s vSphere.
• Experience in a highly-available, interconnected, and PCI-DSS/HIPAA compliant datacenter environment:
o Deploying and operating Linux or other UNIX variants.
o Security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
o Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server and WSUS; PowerShell, Ansible a plus.
o Operating common enterprise switching and routing platforms.
o Deploying or managing servers in large-scale and geographically diverse environments.
o Capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
o Firewall, Network, and Security concepts
• Proficiency in network architecture or core technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), IPsec, VLANs, routing, etc.).
• Excellent customer service focus, customer communication skills, and experience exceeding customer expectations.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and documentation skills.
• Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
• Act as a technical point of escalation & mentor for junior staff.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
EDUCATION: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Networking or Computer Science preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, Linux, and Scripting. Extensive experience with Checkpoint, Palo Alto Networks, Cisco Networking (IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR. NX-OS), and Visio.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position operates in a variety of environments. The majority of the time is spent in a professional office environment and this role routinely uses standard office equipment.
REQUIRED LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S): Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching preferred. Palo Alto PCNSE preferred. Valid, active driver’s license with a good driving record as defined by the Company’s current insurance provider.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.