Open Source Engineer
Louisville, KY or Remote
Fortune 50 Health Insurance
Brooksource is hiring for an Open Source Engineer for a team at our Fortune 50 Health Insurance client. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your work has an important impact on people’s lives? We are seeking experienced Open Source Engineers that have worked with a combination of MySQL, Postgres, Kafka, or MongoDB to lead engineering of new solutions across the enterprise and then pass these requirements off to be automated.
• Lead engineering of new solutions through the entire lifecycle [Proof-of-Concept -> Pilot to Minimal-Viable-Product -> Adoption -> Enhancement -> Retirement]
• Lead engineering and support adoption efforts that deliver engineering patterns, processes, and technologies including MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, and other platforms running on both private & public cloud platforms.
• Be a successful member of technical teams – using systems and design thinking – contributing to complex problem solving and support communication of potential solutions to both peers and customers.
• Support decision making for project design tasks related to open source data platforms
• Lead work item and system implementations tasks; work across multiple efforts simultaneously
• Deliver written and verbal communication for project status updates and SCRUM standups
• Develop communications and analysis for new technologies; support delivery of analysis to internal governance bodies
• Contribute to designing action plans for engineering design and implementation projects that meet client business and risk management requirements
• Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years' experience in technical operations or software engineering.
• 2 years of experience designing and implementing at least 1 of the following data platforms – MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL
• 1 years of experience designing and implementing at least 1 of the following data event/streaming platforms – Azure Data Factory, Apache Kafka & Streamsets, Azure Streaming Analytics
• Demonstrable experience applying data design and architectural principles and methodologies
• 2 yrs of delivering enterprise grade solutions such as robust e-commerce, online businesses in a 24X7 production environment.
• Certification on 1 major cloud provider platform – Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, Amazon AWS
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.