Oracle Operations DBA III
St. Louis, MO
18 months contract (potential to convert/extend)
Brooksource is hiring for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator to work at one of our fortune 500 clients in the cable telecommunications industry. As part of the DBA team, you will be responsible for providing support of our client's 24/7 oracle database environment. This is a 18 month+ contract engagement. The ideal candidate will support, manage, and monitor mission critical production and non-production databases in a fast-paced team environment. We are looking to get the ideal candidate in the door as soon as possible. Please apply today if interested!
· Performs installations and configurations of grid infrastructure, databases, clients etc.
· Designs and maintains access and security administration.
· Designs, implements and maintains backup and recovery strategies on Database Management Systems.
· Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
· Designs, installs, configures and maintains High Availability (RAC, RAC One Node, Data Guard etc.) Database solutions
· Expertise in setup using OEM as a monitoring and diagnostics tool and identifies/resolves the performance issues.
· Troubleshoots alerts (alert log, Jobs, Disk Group, Tablespace etc.) and performance issues.
· Performs capacity planning of Oracle server environment and provides recommendations to management to sustain business growth.
· Designs, implements, maintains Disaster Recovery (DR) methodologies and creates documentation.
· 6+ years of experience working with Oracle and various database management systems in testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment
· Oracle DBA experienced in upgrades of 12c to 19c, patch management and database installations.
· OEM 12c and/or 13c
· Strong knowledge of database architecture and its implementation
· Strong understanding of best practices in maintaining medium to large scale Oracle database systems
· Strong knowledge of PL/SQL programming language
· Strong knowledge of Instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/application
· Strong understanding of SAN technologies related to SQL server disk layout
· Strong knowledge of Windows/Linux/Solaris operating systems and shell scripting
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.