Job Title: Patient Registration Specialist
Location: Greater Detroit Area
Duration: Through 2022
Start Date: 5/10
· Patient Registration Specialists will provide support in patient care for the COVID Testing and Vaccination Program.
· This position is required to provide professional patient customer service and testing and vaccination registration support including data entry into one or more patient care information systems.
· These activities are expected to be performed in compliance with policies, procedures, professional standards and program testing and vaccination protocols.
· Ability to create a caring, compassionate relationship with the patients and families.
· Ability to collaborate with the healthcare team while providing care.
· Trained to adhere to testing and vaccination protocols.
· Screening individuals prior to receiving vaccinations.
· Perform identity verification for those entering testing and vaccination sites
· Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays and on-call duty.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Ability to work inside and outside for extended periods of time.
· Ability to perform job duties while, sitting, standing, squat, bend at the waist, kneel and walking for extended period of time.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 15- 20lbs., reach in all directions, and unassisted. Ability to use lifting motion over and below waist from 15lbs-20 lbs. without assistance.
· Ability to use vision or corrective vision to determine depth perception and to discriminate between color coated objects.
· Ability to perform gross motor functions, fine motor functions and maintain olfactory sensory functions.
· Ability to work in latex safe environment.
· Ability to be qualified using medical evaluations and physicals for adequate passing for respirator use.
· May be exposed to infectious diseases and occupational dangers such as needle pricks and outdoor inclement weather.
Education and Experience:
· Must have a high school degree
· Any medical experience is preferred but not required
· 1 year of work history is preferred
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
Medasource is a leading Healthcare Technology solutions firm that enables clients to deliver on high-profile engagements by leveraging a proven network of expert consultants. We offer flexible human capital solutions and customized engagement models for projects of any shape and size. Our consultants support popular technologies for organizations including health systems, academic medical centers, and payers, as well as pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and device companies. Medasource offers more than 17 years of experience helping clients across the United States leverage new technology to improve care. We have over 175 clients in the healthcare industry, 5,000 consultants in the field, and delivery offices in 26 major US cities. We are a full service consulting firm that provides consultants with the following expertise: Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH, Allscripts, eClinicalWorks, Athena, PeopleSoft, Lawson, SAP, Workday, Kronos, Premier, Population Health Management/Analytics, Legacy Application Support, Project Management, Business Analysis, Application Integration Analyst, Clinical Education, Top Flight University Talent, Revenue Cycle, HIM, Pharma, Life Sciences, BioInformatics, Clinical Engineering.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.