Platform / Software Engineer Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement new features while improving quality of technical products and applications
- Create and execute long term vision of technical products and applications
- Act as a technical expert and developer on an agile squad
- Drive the architecture of solutions across multiple services and applications
- Develop software meeting code quality standards and metrics
- Practice test-driven development
- Guide communities of practice by mentoring developers, creating and enforcing standards, reviewing others code, and sharing knowledge
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and writing maintainable, supportable, and testable code
- Maintain effective partnerships with operations and engineering teams to drive service improvement
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice
- Assist with problem resolution for end users and customers
- Create and update operations procedures for daily routine management processes
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable with 1 to 2 years experience preferred
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping tools (like Plutora) would be a plus or desire to learn the tool
- Knowledge and Working Experience with RESTful Services and APIs
- Experience with GitHub and DevOps Tools like Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory
- Knowledge of Terraform
- General knowledge of AWS
- System Integration Experience – Ability to document and define API workflows
- Understanding of Software Development Methodologies
- Power shell scripting and Shell scripting experience
- Problem solving and collaboration skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.