Data Science Consultant I
Charlotte, NC or Remote
This position is responsible for business consulting activities for the Analytics Competency Center within various business units as the primary interface and as a liaison to Information Technology.
· Create efficient and effective data models in Power BI
· Serve as an expert in translating complex data into key strategy insights and valuable actions.
· Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other scientists, business stakeholders, and managers at various levels.
· Develop and test heuristics. Create and run models.
· Perform data exploration and data mining.
· Create business intelligence, dashboards, visualizations, and/or other advanced analytics reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are practiced, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data.
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in statistics, physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or management of information systems.
· Work experience in addition to degree: 1-3 years.
· Previous Power BI experience.
Job-specific knowledge, skills, or abilities:
· Working knowledge of statistics, programming, and predictive modeling.
· Working knowledge of code writing.
· Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing.
· Understanding of and ability to use programming languages like Python and SQL (Structured Query Language).
· Strong knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models.
· Data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines.
· Strong exploratory analysis skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
· Exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented.
· Mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms, and advanced mathematics.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.