Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
Duration: 6-month Contract-to-Hire
Location: 100% remote
Our client is seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer to join their team and become a key contributor as they further develop our policy management and quotation platforms and cloud-based architecture.
As a result of their platform load increasing by over 200% in the past year, they must continue to upgrade their platform capability while moving towards a true CI/CD model.
The Principal DevOps Engineer is a hands-on role focused on building out our supportive infrastructure. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders including our executive team to evaluate and identify new technologies and tools to utilize on a go forward basis. Additionally, you will provide subject matter expertise and guidance to colleagues.
The Principal DevOps Engineer must be able to connect business objectives, engineering practices and infrastructure requirements.
If you are forward thinking with a passion for new technologies and innovative solutions and want to join our client's Insuretech organization as we help shape the future of the insurance industry, please apply.
· 7+ years’ experience in building highly scalable and self-healing environments in AWS
· 5+ years’ experience in a product environment that includes the usage of many of the following tools/technologies: Jenkins, Java, Python, Gitlab, Jira, Vault, Packer, AWS, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Antifactory, Confluence, Spring Cloud Config, NGINX+
· 3+ years of direct Kubernetes experience
· Experience with the administration of Redis/ElasticSearch/Postgres
· Appropriate fear of production and its stability
· A clear focus of driving CI/CD and automation to modern techniques and practices
· Excellent understanding of SDLC success factors
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
· Has knowledge of micro-services-based applications, distributed computing, and high-performance computing
· Possesses the knowledge to help specify operation characteristics of complex applications
· Has a passion for learning and who is curious about new technologies, data analysis and process patterns, and able to teach others about what they learn
· Possess the tenacity, willingness to be strategic and bring discipline and to the DevOps/Platform Engineering function
· Has a proven record of driving change and moving people out of their comfort zone
· Thrives in building, and rebuilding teams
· Has a clear focus on driving CI/CD and automation to modern techniques and practices
· Drives and executes DevOps pipelines and maintains consistent environments across critical business applications
· Has an excellent understanding of SDLC success factors
· Is a team player/coach who appreciates giving and receiving feedback
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
· Driving innovation while guiding the DevOps team on best practices
· Identifying and implementing application/service level monitoring and alerting, working with engineers where instrumentation is required
· Coaching product teams on the value, cost and prioritization of ops-related activities, tools, and stories
· Monitoring cloud platform usage for unnecessary spend
· Monitoring downtime and identifying unacceptable performance
· Establishing environment management practices to ensure configuration consistency
· Presenting new solutions and approaches to the development team
· Taking the lead on incident management, post-mortems, and root cause remediation
· Documenting performance through release and operations metrics and stakeholder dashboard
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.