Principal Engineer – Electrical Engineering
Fortune 200 Client
Kalamazoo, MI (Hybrid work schedule)
Who we want:
We are seeking a Principal Engineer, Electrical Engineering, to guide the future development of technology blocks to enable connectivity for our Fortune 200 Medical Device Client. As a member of the Digital Connectivity and Integration Team within the Digital, Robotics, and Enabling Technologies Division, this role will collaborate with other connectivity focused thought leaders and partner with project teams throughout the organization to conceptualize, develop and release scalable solutions that support our digital ambition of device to device, device to cloud, and device to hospital use cases. This role will blend core electrical engineering skills with embedded C/C++ software development to design connectivity enabling technologies and products. This is an exciting space for a skilled engineer that is eager to collaborate and be a part of something new within our client’s organization!
What you will do:
Technical Responsibilities specific to role:
- Architecting of technology systems to ensure functionality across a broad range of applications.
- Design of Electrical Schematics for PCBAs including power, analog, and digital portions including high speed design.
- Design of PCB Layout working with mechanical, manufacturing, regulatory, and safety teams.
- Design of FPGA and Embedded Firmware.
Technical Responsibilities – general:
- Apply and mentor others on advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts across various products within business unit.
- Assess and integrate new technologies and capabilities (prototyping, testing, et.al.) for the organization.
- Mentor and influence in correction of complex product design issues.
- Translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and produce system/architectural level layouts and platform designs.
- Lead architecture of a complex system and guide design tradeoff decisions.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate on financial /business modeling and support business reviews to validate a technical approach.
Med Device Compliance:
- Divisional expert with extensive experience applying industry standards in device development.
- Act as independent reviewer and advisor for the creation or refinement of engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- Develop and utilize tools to enhance the company’s product/process development or performance.
- Mentor and grow technical talent within discipline/function.
- Lead and support complex product development for cross functional teams, influencing multiple technical areas of expertise.
- Mentor, develop and influence across the business, intentionally building divisional relationships.
What you need:
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Bachelor's degree in EE or related discipline & 8+ years of work experience
- Ability to lead and teach electrical engineers in electrical design.
- Advanced understanding of the design of complex components and sub-systems.
- Ability to apply advanced circuit and electrical system test methods.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing and testing methods.
- Ability to apply standard technologies used in industry.
- Advanced understanding of the interplay between system requirements (EE, ME, SW).
- Ability to transverse the EE and embedded coding space (C/C++).
Travel Percentage: 10%
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN GROUP:
At Eight Eleven Group, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 22 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.