Principal Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Brooklyn Center, MN
In this exciting role as a Principal Manufacturing Automation Engineer –you will be responsible for Manufacturing process automation in Medical Devices manufacture. This position will work across manufacturing sites in driving design, development and flawless execution of Automation projects.
This is a brand-new role and hence will be involved in setting up the best practices and standards around design, development and validation of Automation equipment. The Principal level role will include all aspects of defining a compliant solution and ensuring appropriate support and rollout to the sites within the Network.
- With Engineering, Operations and Quality to produce conceptual mechanical designs with a strong level of understanding of Electrical and Software controls
- Develop, build and test Designs and concepts for feasibility
- Generate clear and detailed Equipment and Software specifications based on Process needs
- Collaborate with external Automation partners during build, development, testing and validation of Automation equipment
- Collaborate and partner with internal stake holders Operations, Quality, Engineering to ensure alignment on objective, strategy and goals
- Ensure Operations and production staff is adequately trained and staffed to support Automation systems prior to deployment
- Drive Testing and validation of Automation Equipment, software prior to Production Release
- Provide post go live hyper care support to ensure flawless deployment
- Develop and drive best practices around Automation equipment design principals and standards, software change control, process control for consistent and scalable application
- Collaborate with Engineering during early design phases to provide design ideas/options for Manufacturing Automation
- Bachelors degree required
- 2 years experience working in a regulated environment
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Project management experience with proven ability to work with a cross functional team, setting road map, project pipeline
- Must have PLC programming experience. Experience building new control systems
- Must have experience programming in an object-oriented language. C++, C#, Java, Python.
- Experience integrating Automation systems to MES systems for data collection and control
- Experience working with external Automation vendors, and providing them User Requirements, Statement of Work and managing them through completion
- Proficient understanding of Electrical network. Able to review and understand schematics and collaborate with Vendors.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Vision system design for inspecting, locating and positioning.
- Vision software development in at least two development environments.
- Experience with Robots/Cobots
- Network design and debug (Debug using Wireshark or similar tool)
- Proficient in HMI development
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.