Principal Electrical Engineer / Standards Engineer
Remote (Occasional Travel)
As a Senior Overhead/Underground Standards Engineer, you will be joining one the largest Electric Utility players in the industry. As part of a multibillion-dollar investment toward grid modernization and infrastructure hardening, you will be responsible for evaluating current standards, performing studies on new technology, and creating new standards to ensure safe, reliable, clean electricity for over 2 million customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5+ years of experience developing standards and policies for overhead / underground electric infrastructure that includes engineering, design, and construction for overhead assets and facilities from 4.8kv to 120kv.
- Working experience in understanding NESC/NEC/IEEE standards & design
- Planning and conducting complex engineering activities focused on overhead standards and evaluating current standards against code requirements and emerging initiatives such as electrification, conversion, new technologies & innovation
- Assess, Develop, and validate standards to meet NESC/NEC and other code requirements
- Perform studies as it relates to new technologies such as structural resiliency
- Create documentation communicating project progress on implementing new standards
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be the SME leading the new Overhead Standards initiatives
- Exposure to Senior leadership through presentations and collaboration
- Added layer of support from Brooksource Delivery team
- Health benefits, 401k, and PTO
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A
successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT & Engineering hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are
designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent
placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture
and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.