Fortune 50 Healthcare Company
Louisville, KY – Remote Capabilities
Do you see your next career move taking you to a Fortune 50 healthcare company? Do you aspire to work in a dynamic, high-energy, agile environment? If you feel these words describe your ideal career opportunity, we may have the position for you!
Brooksource is searching for a Product Manager/Owner to join the High Performance Engineering Team at one of our best clients. You will be assisting a team in charge of integrating tools into this client's most important applications. Specifically, they are in charge of building feedback loops which are used to get user feedback regarding the software development process. This is a highly visible project that will assist in speeding up and improving the overall development process for Solutions Engineering across the org.
Day-To-Day Responsibilities Include:
As Product Manager, focuses on how to discover & validate customer & business value, using a toolkit of different processes & tactics as needed to ensure that the product will succeed in the marketplace.
As Product Owner, serves as the primary liaison between the Agile team and the Product Leader. In charge of communicating what is desired and why it is desired to the agile team. Accountable for managing the team’s backlog, driving sprint goals, and overall helping keep the agile team focused on delivering maximum value to the customer as quickly as possible.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand a business problem in both depth and breadth.
- Then collaborate with the team to propose one or more solutions for the problem that addresses the need in a systemic and cross-domain fashion.
- Co-design, guide, and support the implementation of solutions for business processes that meet the requirements of project owners, and connect to upstream and downstream impacts.
- Ensure that solution requirements are properly documented
- May take the form of non-functional requirements, use cases, user stories, process flows, models, mock-ups, and prototypes (not an all-inclusive list)
- Create and lead initiatives for special projects, developing a greater understanding of system and environmental issues in the process.
- Identify issues or areas for improvement and facilitate follow-up efforts to address.
- Actively participating with a small and nimble Agile team (6-8 people)
- Facilitating meetings with internal customers in business and IT
- Observing and interviewing internal customers to elicit their requirements
In coordination with the development team:
- Establish sprint goals in coordination with the team
- Prepares user stories including Acceptance Criteria, and collaboratively elaborate to meet Definition of Ready
- Attends Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning meetings, providing goals, clarifying stories/requirements
- Attends Sprint Reviews, gathering stakeholder feedback to change features and priorities
- Accepts or rejects work according to the Acceptance Criteria and the team’s Definition of Done
- Be available to the team on short notice to clarify any questions
- May request that newly discovered high-priority items get inserted into current sprint
Related to SAFe Program Increment Planning:
- As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO is heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for PI planning and also plays a significant role in the planning event itself. Before the planning event, the PO updates the team backlog and typically reviews and contributes to the program vision, Roadmap, and content presentations.
- During the event, the PO is involved with story definition, providing the clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and sequencing. The PO also drafts the team’s specific objectives for the upcoming PI.
What Do You Need?:
- Experience as a Product Manager/Owner in an Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous requirements elicitation and documentation experience
- Curiosity and learning orientation
Nice To Have:
- Design thinking experience
- Knowledge or experience with user feedback tools and/or machine feedback tools
At Brooksource, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Brooksource has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Brooksource finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Brooksource promise.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.