Brooksource is hiring an Agile Product Manager that will assist the IT infrastructure organization and provide support to their internal Logging team. This team is responsible for making machine data accessible across the organization by identifying data patterns, providing metrics, diagnosing problems and providing intelligence for business operations. This resource will use these logging tools for application management, security and compliance, as well as business and web analytics.
· Work Initiation – collaborates with business and technology product owners/stakeholders to initiate new initiatives, supports the development of program specifications including the value statement, provides technology financial requirements/estimates, aligns with APM’s on the product/service to understand capacity and WIP to sequence initiatives appropriately
· Change Agent – partners with Center of Practice (CoP) to identify opportunities for improvement and optimize team performance using a metrics based approach, ensures consistency with enterprise data standards (JIRA/Rally/etc)
· Collaboration/Impediments – builds trusted relationships with Business and Technology partners, collaborates across functional, operational, and technology groups to ensure the appropriate engagement, assists with key stakeholder negotiations, serves as the main point of contact to resolve escalations, remove impediments, and tackle conflicts
· Product Knowledge – leverages product/service knowledge to identify impacts and guide decisions/sequencing based on that knowledge, understands dependencies outside of their product/service to align on expectations
· Experience with Logging tools (Splunk, Elk, Cribl, ChaosSearch, Datadog, Graylog, Humino, LogDNA, Loggly, Orion, Scalyr, Solarwinds, Sumo Logic)
· High degree of comfort in a fast-paced / ambiguous environment
· Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business acumen
· Ability to work cross functionally with Business Stakeholders, Software Engineering, CIP, Infrastructure, etc.
· Passionate advocate, with the ability to identify, champion customer needs, and improve with Agile principles in mind
· Experience with matrixed working relationships, and best practices of Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc
· Strong problem-solving, communication, organizational and analytical skills
· Understand and carry out written and oral instructions
· Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision while under pressure and conducting several tasks at one time
· Ability to plan, direct, coordinate work activities of others
· Ability to use sound judgement
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.