Long-term contract with opportunity for hire
Mountain Brook/Homewood, Alabama
Our insurance client is seeking a Product Owner to join their team to assist with. The Product Owner understands and represents the “voice of the customer” internally by communicating and overseeing the prioritization of work across their Agile Development teams. This PO will make sure that their agile team is developing according to the product vision, in order to maximize business value and deliver the best functionality to customers. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a highly visible team that’s going to be growing over the next several years.
The right person will have a Project or Product Management background with agile experience. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with insurance concepts, but this is not a hard requirement.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· 2+ years as a Product Manager or Business Analyst
· In-depth knowledge of requirements analysis and SDLC
· Experience leading and overseeing project teams using varied methodologies
· Experience creating roadmaps in an agile environment
· Team player attitude and high levels of emotional intelligence
· Wish list: SQL, Insurance experience
· Highly visible project across the organization, outside of just technology
· Constant challenge and change with a ton of team/organizational support
· Continued learning and technology training opportunities
· Accessible, approachable leadership
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.