Brooksource is looking to hire a Product Owner / Business Analyst for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client in the St. Louis area. The PO/BA is responsible for connecting business stakeholders and development Scrum teams by managing solution delivery expectations and keeping information flowing in both directions. The PO/BA collaborates with business stakeholders and the data development team to define and prioritize the product vision and features to maximize value delivered to internal business partners. They combine expertise in the domain of data development and business unit to apply Agile principles to deliver innovative solutions.
- The BA/PO is informed of the client's business objectives and priorities, empowered to deliver, available to the delivery team, prepared, domain knowledgeable, and a subject matter expert.
- Work in system that houses source data from venders in order for end users to reference and export real live data
- Helps the development team determine what to build and in what sequence and provides oversight of development team productivity.
- Works with business stakeholders to define and communicate the product road-map and prioritize the Product Backlog to maximize ROI.
- Tracks Scrum team(s) delivery cadence and defines sprint / iteration objectives.
- Prepare the product backlog for the upcoming 2-3 iterations / sprints.
- Manages defect scheduling in the backlog.
- Writes well-defined User Stories/Use Cases and acceptance criteria.
- Enable incremental delivery of features over multiple releases, minimizing time-to-market.
- Lead sprint retrospectives and contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Collaborate with other Product Owners.
- Ability to provide reports and present demos in front of stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree with a concentration in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of product development, product management, cable industry experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated work experience of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Strong ability to manage roadblocks and conflicts leading to resolution to keep the project on track.
- Strong communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Proficiency with a variety of agile project management tools (JIRA, Rally, TFS, etc.)
- Ability to write well-defined User Stories/Use Cases and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Experience using SQL.
- Story writing, story splitting, prioritization, focus on real business need and objectives.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Teradata or Snowflake knowledge
- Python knowledge
- Media experience is a plus
- Background in Analytics
- Good negotiator, good business sense, decisive, trustworthy, proactive, flexible and open-minded
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.