Automation Strategic Leader
As a member of the Business Process Management team, you will play a key role in our digital transformation and our desire to digitize and streamline business processes. You will be the liaison between the technology team and their business counterparts to solicit, define, and help solve their business problems.
A successful candidate in this role will have a heightened sense of empathy for business process problems that large, multinational companies face. This role will lead our enterprise automation strategy by helping the business identify automation opportunities, identifying value levers, prioritizing the team's backlog, and validating the solution delivers the expected business value. This team works with departments across the organization and has many stakeholders, this role will help bring clarity to priorities across our many Business Product Owners.
This team solves business problems by applying two different technologies, Appian and Blue Prism. Appian helps us build new while Blue Prism helps us automate the existing. This role will work on a highly Agile team that operates in an enterprise that practices the SAFe methodology.
- Collaborate with product management, the agile team, release train engineer (RTE), and shared services to deliver product features and functionality that meet or exceed customer needs and business goals.
- Collaborate with product management to use customer feedback, research, market and data analysis to validate product/service roadmap direction.
- Participate in program increment (PI) planning to help the agile team define its objectives for the PI, negotiate with others, and communicate the team’s plan.
- Identify, write, and prioritize user stories and bugs needed to incrementally deliver value to customers. Stories may cover new work, changes to existing work, and responding to problems that arise from solutions in the production environment.
- Collaborate daily with cross-functional teams to solve problems, provide feedback, and accept completed work.
- Identify communication, training, metrics, and other needs that facilitate putting solutions into production and assessing use and impact. Collaborate with others as necessary to fill those needs.
- Collaborate with marketing, web, business leads, customer care, IT, and finance to identify, design, deliver, and report on assigned services/products.
- Coordinate communication, training and change management activities.
- Prepare and participate in PI planning, iteration planning, backlog refinement, demos, and retrospectives.
- At least 3 years experience in product ownership and/or business analysis
- Experience working with an agile software development team
- Experience with software ticketing system (e.g. JIRA)
- Has a sharp eye for detail and excellent organization skills
- Able to prioritize work by thinking holistically to consider customer and enterprise needs, not just team needs
- Experience in audit, business process design/improvement, or implementing technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Able to negotiate with business and technical colleagues at several levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent listening and communication skills both written and verbal; comfortable speaking in front of large groups is a plus
- Experience with a low code development tool (Appian, MS Power Apps, Pegasystems, etc…)
- Experience with a low code automation tool (Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UI Path, etc…)
- Experience within a large organization, working with cross functional teams
- Experience with behavior-driven development approaches
- Experienced using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.