Brooksource Software Development Team – Beacon Project
Role: Product Owner
Brooksource has been providing consultative services for one of our biggest Denver based clients over the past 2 years. The team will be growing its scope and presence within the organization, and as a result, we’re hiring a Product Owner to drive the product vision and roadmap for one of their most critical internal applications, Beacon.
The Beacon project was an initiative launched to replace several different legacy applications currently being utilized by our client’s field technicians and call center agents in an effort to streamline agent efficiency and increase technician customer experience levels. As our client works to build the Nation’s first Cloud-Native, Standalone 5G Network, the application needs to be expanded to support Wireless specific call center agents. Our team will be primarily focused on User Interface features and functionality, with a component of our operations touching a Spring-based RESTful services layer.
Location: Downtown Denver (Union Station)
Contract Details: W-2 project employment with Brooksource
Pay Rates: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: May 2022
Day 2 Day Responsibilities:
As lead Product Owner, your mission is to help deliver software that meets business needs and allows for a positive customer experience. You will be a key contributor in the software development life cycle; developing and maintaining the product backlog, creating user stories, and managing cross-product dependencies.
- Lead and influence a cross functional team to ensure the team delivers products that meet business requirements/needs and delivers business and operational value to customers
- Ensure product roadmap and vision are communicated to the development team
- Technical understanding of the components, API, UI, systems and services and inter- dependencies that make up the product.
- Break down and prioritize delivery of products and features by developing and maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with product managers, product analyst, stakeholders, developers, QA, and other team members to analyze information and functional requirements, advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the delivered product meets business needs
- Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features
- Collaborate with product analysts/developers/QA during product development through implementation
- Facilitate iteration planning sessions, daily team stand-ups, grooming sessions, and retros
- Track and report on teamwork completed, capacity, backlog, velocity, etc.
- Forecast product/feature delivery timelines
- Use metrics and feedback to improve team and organization processes, best practices, performance, and delivery
- Assist with deployments and production support issues
A successful Product Owner will have the following:
- BA/BS in a technical or business discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science, finance, business administration, or accounting)
- 2 years of Product Owner, Product Manager, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Project Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, and written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed environment
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience using Agile processes and methodologies
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining the current delivery with rapidly changing priorities
- Rally / CA Agile Central experience a plus
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.