Product Owner: Healthcare Insurance Interoperability Specialist
The Product Owner will execute tasks aligned to the compliance interoperability portfolio, supporting the development and implementation of solutions that comply with CMS final rule 9115 “Patient Access” and CMS proposed rule 9123 “Reducing Provider and Patient Burden by Improving Prior Authorization Processes.” The focus of this role will be building and implementing monitoring and alert mechanisms that support the Patient Access, Payer to Payer and Provider Directory APIs.
The Product Owner plays a key role in the execution of initiatives. They work closely with the Product Manager and execution teams to gain a deep understanding of the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to drive the delivery of state-of-the-art solutions for compliance interoperability initiatives. They lead the scrum team and provide the necessary direction to IT to successfully execute initiatives. They are responsible for refining business requirements into user stories that comprise the product backlog and manage the prioritization and movement of user stories to see them through to completion.
• Leads scrum teams as the Product Owner
• Responsible for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog including defects and enablers
• Leads the planning activities for the release, creates product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities; participates in post-production implementation testing activities
• Works in partnership with IT development team and business system analyst to deliver on features
· Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience
· 3+ years related work experience
· Relevant experience with at least 3 years related to interoperability; 1 year as Product Owner
· Hands-on experience with agile management tools like Jira or Rally
· In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
· Lean/Six Sigma certification or Product Owner certification
· SAFe qualification and experience – means of assessing the skills, knowledge, and mindset of those who work in agile environments.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• Business/Industry knowledge
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.