Project Manager II
The Project Manager II has well rounded experience in managing projects through an entire life cycle with strong experience in the fundamentals of project management as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Experience is required in the following areas: managing project resources, financial forecasting on a monthly basis and project governance. Project governance includes gating documentation, quality control and risk management.
The PM II will manage multiple, smaller projects that integrate new technologies on the company's distribution system. Project teams will include SMEs from the engineering and IT departments. The PM II will also ensure robust stakeholder engagement activities are planned and executed.
Project experience is the following areas is desired: utilities, IT projects and research/development.
The PM II serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).Â The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and Â management ( monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status. Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes. This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management
- Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency to Expertise in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving
- Project related work experience
- Risk Management
- Project Leadership
- Strong Collaboration
- Utility Experience
- Construction Management knowledge
- Proficiency to expertise in project related Scheduling
- Cost Controls
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training
- PMP or CAPM Certification
- CMII/Construction Certifications
- Professional Engineer License
- 4 year degree and 5+ years of prior work related experience or 9+ years of prior work related experience in lieu of a degree
- PMP certification is strongly desired.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.