Jr. Test Engineer
St. Louis, MO
Contract to Hire
Brooksource is searching for a Jr. Test Engineer for one of our leading cable partners in the St. Louis area. As a Junior Test Engineer, you will be partnering with various teams by assisting with the development of processes and tools that allow the organization to excel in its continuous software development initiatives. As code is being delivered multiple times per day, test coverage is crucial in allowing product to deliver quickly to market while maintaining the high level of quality our consumers deserve. The Junior Test Engineer must be a passionate, self-motivated software test engineer to handle all aspects of testing (functional, performance, load, etc.) across a large multiplatform environment. In addition to joining one of the top cable companies in the nation, you will have the opportunity to participate in our professional development program!
- Work on product/project teams developing test plans, test cases and test execution
- Partner with software engineering to design and develop tools and to assist in continuous development initiatives
- Operate in an iterative agile software delivery methodology
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
- Collect and analyze data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs
- Document all problems and assist in their resolution
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Perform quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed
- Effectively communicate complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting many products on varied release cycles
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years experience in system development, business/systems analysis, testing, and/or business experience
- Experience using HP Test Suite or other Testing Tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge or experience using Jira
- Display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
- Good understanding of quality assurance process, tools and methodologies
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 20 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.