This role will be responsible for both independently and collaboratively testing one or more Ad Sales applications at any given time, with a focus on automation. The Quality Engineer will build test cases from user stories and requirements, execute tests, and communicate results to ensure successful product releases.
· 2+ years of experience with software testing and automation
· Java programming experience
· Experience utilizing with testing frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG and Cucumber
· Experience testing REST APIs
· Experience testing relational databases and writing SQL (PostgreSQL)
· Experience with issue and test management tools such as Jira, QMetry, TestRail
· Experience working with version control
· Understanding of and experience testing in cloud environments, particularly AWS
· Experience integrating tests into a CI/CD pipeline
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Any salesforce experience would be a plus!
· Performs hands-on testing, programming, and debugging
· Develops a deep understanding of the business objectives and requirements of NBCU’s products
· Conducts testing one or more projects, determining the appropriate automation approach
· Communicates with project teams to understand build features, requirements, and releases
· Develops tests that meet functional and performance requirements and satisfy user acceptance criteria
· Follows existing testing tools and practices and provides recommendations for improvement
· Performs peer reviews of tests or scripts that other team members build
· Confirms user stories and requirements are met
· Ensures defects are quickly and clearly communicated
· Tracks progress and provides daily and/or weekly status reports
· Anticipates and raises potential issues that impact quality or delivery
· Assists with troubleshooting production issues to determine if a potential defect exists
· Keeps current with new technologies and testing tools
· Collaborates with product to understand user stories, engineering to understand architecture and design, and operations on environments and deployments
· Guides and directs onshore and offshore consultants on the team when needed
Eight Eleven Group (Brooksource) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.