The Staff React Developer is a key member of the Warner Bros. Discovery Entertainment team. This team builds and maintains the web properties and associated services for Warner Bros. Discovery’s portfolio of entertainment brands including: [adult swim], Cartoon Network, Cinemax, HBO, TCM, TBS, TNT, TruTV and Warner Brothers.
The React Developer works as a vital member of a Scrum team, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented design and programming, functional programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders. A React Developer not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned programmer but also displays strong understanding around software design principles. A React Developer on the team displays the drive for learning and understanding programming paradigms beyond one programming language, toolset, or framework.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects.
- Leads design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability.
- Directs the work of others as requested and perform hands-on coding, testing, support, or other tasks as necessary to ensure success of the deliverables according to user requirements.
- Architect, prototype, code/build and guide the development of scalable & reliable cloud software systems
- Be the technical subject matter expert for one or more high-profile systems
- Lead development of a highly motivated team
- Design in terms of availability, reliability, scalability, maintainability, and security
- Lead, negotiate, and facilitate the development and implementation of software solutions across technology and business areas
- Work with product and engineering teams to design, develop, test, deploy and monitor new features
- Work with other developers and key business stakeholders in cross functional teams to maintain deliver internal and external user facing applications that allow users worldwide to find and use our products
- Build efficient and reusable components, systems and abstractions to be used in the full lifecycle of various digital platforms
- Lead design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices to ensue stable and maintainable products are created for mission critical systems
- Responsible for features from conception to post-deployment
- Evaluate software components and tools
- Follow Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement
- Find and address performance issues
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs, security vulnerabilities, and operational issues
- Prototype and develop reusable components for developers and provide expert technical guidance and support to use them effectively
- Assist project teams in assessing the technology environments and determining changes as necessary to ensure successful implementation of software systems. Work with other technology groups to implement changes.
- 8+ years of experience in consumer web and applications development
- 5+ years in Git merging, branching, and pull requests
- 5+ years Responsive design/development
- 3+ years AWS and Dev Ops experience including CI/CD, monitoring experience, automated testing
- Ability to triage and debug issues
- Proactively brings up creative ideas
- Strong work ethic, accountability and communication skills
- Must work well on a team!
- iOS or Android native development experience
- Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku or Xbox development
- Azure Pipelines
- CMS development and configuration experience (e.g., Drupal)
- Development for international markets
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for web standards, content management, web page layout, information architecture, user interaction, and usability
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn new technologies.
- Ability to create and maintain clear, concise, and well-constructed documentation
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with product managers, programmers, project managers and testers
- Outstanding creativity and strong commitment to a project
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment
- Strong follow-up abilities with an acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Required to work well under time constraints
- Ability to actively listen and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.