Release Orchestration Build Engineer
Contract to Hire
St. Louis, MO
Brooksource is hiring a Release Orchestration Build Engineer to join our client's Release Automation team. In this role you will be responsible for building Release Orchestration solutions using Broadcom CA’s CDA (Continuous Deployment Automation) for our Client's application deployment teams and supporting internal customers. As a Release Engineer, you will be developing python scripts and Shell scripts to automate manual deployments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible to support initiatives associated with the integration of the Broadcom CA’s CDA (Continuous Deployment Automation) solution.
- Provide input to procedures for monitoring; receives alerts, evaluates diagnoses and establishes work plan to resolve system issues.
- Developing python scripts and Shell scripts to automate manual deployments.
- Act as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integration
- Automate deployment of platforms into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Docker
- Interact and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers and developers to understand application/project requirements and define architectural solutions to meet those requirements
- Develop, provision and test workflows/scripts (ARA, Shell, Python, etc.) to automate manual deployments
- Ensure that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meets quality standards
- Maintain library of Standard Operating Procedures for consistent and effective operation
- Provide ongoing best practices and application support knowledge transfer to co-workers. Train application teams on development and scripting process. On-board new application teams as required
- Work with Oracle and MS SQL, server DBA tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.)
- Strong understanding and practical working knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting, Java, Python, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Web Services (REST)
- 2+ years experience development or configuring systems and/or applications
- 1 years of experience building Release Orchestration solutions (Broadcom CDA; Ansible; XebiaLabs’ XL Deploy and XL Release; IBM’s Urban Code Deploy, Electric Cloud’s Electric Flow; Octopus Deploy; Clairve; Micro Focus 'Release Control; etc.)
- Strong know-how of operating systems such as Windows & Linux
- Strong understanding of Enterprise design patterns, scripting and Database solutions Operations team support and project work experience
- Experience developing python scripts and Shell scripts to automate manual deployments.
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools such as Selenium and SoapUI
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Working experience with application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebLogic, Apache Tomcat)
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, BMC Remedy Change Management, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Familiarity with Powershell Scripting, REST and SOAP Web Services, JIRA, Confluence and Splunk
- Operations team support and project work experience
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & LICENSES:
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
- Office Environment
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 20 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.