Research Software Developer
Brooksource is hiring a Research Software Developer to support our clients Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Defense business. As the research software developer, you will perform detailed and complex modeling efforts to provide decision support information to a variety of clients. These models are custom made software to meet client demands and provide support to their strategic decisions.
The Hazard Modeling Team within CBRNE Defense is seeking self-motivated people who live at the interface of software development, engineering/science, and mathematics to support development of customer focused software applications. The software developer will show aptitude for object-oriented programming along with the fundamental scientific background to understand the phenomenology and processes being modeled. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled and motivated team on projects that help to keep the United States safe.
· Education: Either a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent with a minor in an engineering or science field OR a Bachelor’s Degree in physics, mathematics, or engineering with a minor in computer science or equivalent training. Qualified candidates must have completed coursework in object-oriented programming (e.g., C#, C++, JAVA), calculus, ordinary differential equations, and linear algebra.
· Experience: This is an entry level position. Education, internship, and co-op experience will be evaluated.
· Travel: Very limited domestic travel might occur.
· Citizenship: Sole U.S. Citizenship.
· Security Clearance: Sole U.S. citizenship, with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances
· Experience running large simulations in a high-performance computing environment.
· Experience profiling code and optimizing it for reduced run time without losses in computational accuracy
· Experience with Monte Carlo simulations and the sampling methods used to perform such calculations
What’s in it for You?
· One of the industry leaders in applied science and technology
· Extremely interesting nature of work
· Each employee has access to their own office
· Ranked in the top 500 of best employers in America by Forbes
· Awesome worksite and ability to work alongside some of Columbus’ brightest engineers
About Eight Eleven:
· At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
· For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
· Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.