12 month ongoing contract
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master that leverages an agile process and mindset to deliver business value for our stakeholders. This position will primarily act as a servant leader on one or two agile development teams, helping the teams successfully deliver on their commitments through effective agile coaching and leadership in the Scrum Master position. This individual will contribute to the team by removing any impediments the team deals with along with fostering an environment for high-performing team dynamics and continuous improvement.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a servant leader and coach for one or more agile scrum teams ensuring the effective use and practices of the agile framework in achieving business value
- Collaboration with a high performing agile development team and product owner
- Work with Release Train Engineer and development team to effectively retro and develop meaningful metrics to support continuous improvement
- Serve as a coach and mentor for others on our agile release train to share knowledge
- Assist the product owner with ceremony facilitation (Daily Stand up, Backlog grooming, Sprint Demo, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retro)
- Solve problems that we are faced with at the team level and program level as it relates to getting features delivered and accepted
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and leadership capabilities
- 1-5 years of Scrum Master experience
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience is strongly preferred
- Experience using agile toolsets such as JIRA
- Experience in scrum and two week sprints
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Preferred- SAFe certification: Certified Scrum Master (SSM)
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or related discipline
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU …?
- Ability to grow within an industry leading Telecom Company
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies ie. AWS Snowflake
- Opportunity to directly impact customers
- Ongoing professional and technical training
- Collaborative team environment
- Take part in a professional development program designed to help achieve professional goals and be rewarded for doing so
- Exposure to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Exposure to technology: Teradata, SSIS, Oracle, Python
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.