Job Title: Scrum Master – Digital Channel Technology
Job Location: Remote (w/home office in Charlotte, NC)
Do you see your next career move taking you to a Fortune 100 financial services company? Do you aspire to work in a dynamic, high energy, agile environment? If these words describe your ideal career opportunity, we may have the position for you!
Brooksource is looking for a Scrum Master to join our client’s Digital Channel Technology team and support its Retail application portfolio. The Scrum Master is expected to scale up quickly and join an existing scrum team in supporting critical applications. The Scrum Master will manage and coordinate the delivery of software products through the Scaled Agile for Enterprise (SAFe) Scrum framework. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with good communication skills so as to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to be able to respond to and manage unplanned priorities.
Daily you will:
· Responsible for coordinating development and implementation of assigned software deliveries and serves as the primary point of contact for assigned efforts
· Works closely with Product Owners to provide team direction through Story Maps and Product Backlogs
· Leads teams and drives the development of plans and delivery activities to realize project objectives
· Understands product / functional background, priorities, and policies and applies this understanding to project activities
· Understands project management disciplines of schedule, cost, risk and issue management and how they are applied with SAFe framework
· Schedule Management – creates sprint and release plans, manages, and understands impacts to project scope, constraints, and schedule.
· Communication Management – creates and manages communications with stakeholders providing relevant details for informing and decision making in the enterprise status report
· Utilizes available tools for identifying and tracking issues such as the Delivery Risk Assessment, risk workshops, and Clarity
· Facilitates Agile Ceremonies: Backlog Refinement, Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning sessions and Retrospectives.
· Facilitates team collaboration and impediments identification, prioritization and resolution.
· Drive continuous and consistent process improvement culture, providing and analyzing current and historical metrics to inspect and adapt.
· Drive maturity curve of agile adoption, partially based on company specific guidance the rest based on industry norms and emerging trends.
· Provide training by example to team members, working to normalize the agile maturity of team members and building role generalists.
Top Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Desirable certifications: Scrum Master (CSM)SAFe certifications, RTE, PMP, Six Sigma, CSPO or PSPO
- 5+ years’ experience with managing Scrum teams through Scrum/SAFe frameworks (ideally using JiraConfluence tools)
- Experience with regular, cyclical production release cycles
- Full experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to take tasks to next logical step with minimal oversight
- Must have excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex business ideas in a clear, concise fashion to senior mgt
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to team development.
- Good relationship-building skills; ability to grow and nurture relationships with stakeholder
- High energy and passion for the job
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Financial Services experience
- Experience working with Offshore teams
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
· Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timelines and move candidates through the interview process efficiently
· Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency
· Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.