1 Year Contract
The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for working with multiple and or larger scale teams for Agile based processes. Incumbents work with greater independence and lead the effort to drive solutions to complete issues with multiple teams. This role works closely with engineers, product owners, team members and management in accordance with the Agile framework.
With minimal supervision the candidate will:
- Ensure the Team is fully functional and productive, shielding them from external interfaces.
- Exemplify a servant leadership style; role models situations and behaviors for their teams to include: Removing barriers and impediments that are preventing the team from completing work.
- Capture metrics to monitor team and project health
- Mentor Team members and promote Agile thinking, ensures adherence to the process.
- Perform the following Agile practices and processes to ensure the integrity of the Agile framework:
- Facilitate estimation activities (story points);
- Maintain the backlog and physical Scrum (task) board in partnership with the Team and Product Owners;
- Maintain the backlog and physical Scrum (task) board in partnership with the Team and Product Owner;
- Ensure artifact quality;
- Capture and track impediments, risks and dependencies until resolution;
- Update team’s improvement backlog with commitments from the Retrospective;
- Graduation from a four -year college or university or 7 years experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years experience with project concepts and practices.
- Work experience in addition to degree: 3+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM).
- Experience moving teams and organizations from waterfall to Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Interacts effectively with others at all levels of the organization; makes persuasive and informative presentations.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.