6-12 Month CTH
Our Fortune 50 Health Insurance client is seeking a Scrum Master to oversee 2 Scrum teams that are responsible for building data science models that will be utilized by Cloud Platform teams as part of our client's ongoing journey into the cloud. As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for running all scrum ceremonies and managing both teams concurrently in 2-week sprints, as well as assisting with backlog grooming to enable our client's cloud goals.
As a Scrum Master, you will be expected to lead stand up meetings, planning sessions, iterative development, and story constructions. Ideally, we would prefer this Scrum Master to have healthcare industry experience, and specifically experience leading Scrum Teams within a data science or analytics group. Certified Scrum Master certification is a requirement for this position; Any SAFe certifications (i.e. SAFe Scrum Master SSM) would be nice to have.
- Help Agile adoption with team by promoting Agile culture and mindset through one on one mentoring, training and workshops with team from business and IT.
- Support scrum team in delivery of sprint goals and iterative delivery of software solutions that deliver business value.
- Partner with the product owner to support product backlog definition / refinement / prioritization to feed sprints.
- Proactively eliminate barriers, coach team members on best practices and run scrum ceremonies.
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master within IT (Agile Development team using Scrum/Agile)
- Experience managing multiple Scrum Teams required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe certification
- Experience with JIRA Align, or similar Project Management tool
- Experience with ServiceNow is preferred (intake process client utilizes)
- Experience working in a Data Science or Data Analytics team is preferred
- Healthcare Industry experience preferred
- Knowledge/Experience within SAFe Agile environment
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Strong understanding of Agile
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimum oversight
- Positive and questioning attitude
- Location: Charlotte, NC (will be starting off full remote)
- Report: Reporting Manager of the Data Science Modeling Team
- Company Size: Fortune 50 Health Insurance Company
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.