Brooksource API Layer Team – Retail Wireless
Role: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Brooksource was recently awarded a new consulting engagement with one of our biggest Denver based clients. We will be growing our scope and presence within this organization, and as a result, we’re assembling 3 teams to own development of greenfield API platforms. Successful delivery of these applications, platforms, and systems will ultimately determine the success of our client’s emergence into the Wireless industry.
These teams will ultimately be comprised of a Tech Lead, API focused Java Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Software Testers. You will interface with many different groups across the organization, with the end goal of allowing Data and APIs to be more efficiently exposed to the whole enterprise. This will enable our Client and its partners to build and scale at pace, while also meeting key deadlines.
This group will have space and equipment allocated from our client but will function autonomously as a part of Brooksource’s consulting team.
Location: Downtown Denver (Union Station) / *Remote options available*
Contract Details: W-2 project employment with Brooksource. Ongoing project that will be reviewed with our Client quarterly. We fully expect that the engagement will be grown, and timeline extended.
Pay Rates: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: February (2021)
Day 2 Day Responsibilities:
As SDET, you will have responsibilities in developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, BDD, TDD, etc. for our client’s enterprise software and applications. You will also analyze how systems are currently being tested and identify opportunities to reduce that time and effort through Automation.
You must have A strong passion for quality, high level attention to detail, and the proven ability to solve complex technical challenges. It is crucial to prioritize well and communicate effectively, with a consistent track record of testing reliable and scalable products, in order to deliver quality at speed.
● Designing robust automated test scripts and software, to address business and technical use cases
● Maintain, support, and extend, existing automation framework and automation suite, and develop greenfield testing frameworks
● Collaborate with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Quality Engineering solutions into the SDLC (Agile preferred)
● Research and stay up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends, and approaches within the QE space and incorporate the ones that make sense for our environment
● Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
● Perform design and code reviews, refactor code as needed to meet evolving design standards, and run point on engineering process improvements
A successful SDET will have the following:
· 5+ years of diverse experience designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a variety of platforms and application
· Experience with CI/CD pipeline engineering/maintenance using the appropriate tools:
o Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Cirlce CI, Travis CI, etc.
· Experience using tools, frameworks, and languages such as
· Programming proficiency with Java, or other applicable object-oriented language
· Web Services/API Test automation experience
· Experience testing Microservices
· Unit testing experience with JUnit
· Experience with container solutions is a plus (Docker/Kubernetes)
· AWS experience
· Understanding of security protocols (e.g. OAuth, SAML)
Shift: Normal. Options for flexible working hours and location available.
Reporting to: Ian Robinson (Manager – Brooksource)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.