Information Security Analyst
Atlanta, Georgia (Remote until further notice)
We are hiring an IT Security Analyst to manage a program in the dynamic media industry. The ideal candidate for this position will not only have strong technical knowledge in the fields of technology and information security but also will be able to think broadly about business challenges and articulate security concerns and challenges to the management team.
As a Security Analyst, you will partner, influence, and lead both direct, cross-functional, and third-party teams in implementing and managing the security program.
The Security Analyst is responsible for the design and integration of processes and platforms used to protect information and mitigate cyber threats. We are looking for a highly qualified Cyber Security professional who is organized, exemplifies leadership qualities, and is eager to learn. You will work directly with the Director of security and other departments to implement and enhance company policies, procedures, technologies, and third-party services related to security and compliance.
- Research, design, and implement information security solutions for applications, systems, and products that comply with all applicable security policies and standards.
- Work with IT and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration process of hardware and software.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve the network, system, and application architectures.
- Examines network, server, and application logs to determine trends and identify security incidents.
- Assists in the review and update of information security policies, architectures, and standards.
- Assists in responding to audits, penetration tests, and vulnerability assessments.
- Develop dashboards to communicate results of compliance and awareness activities. Publish policy exceptions and track them for later review or remediation.
- Perform analysis of security incidents and events and drive the maturity of process and configuration.
- Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat detection as the industry evolves.
- Technical expertise in network security knowledge, including VPN, Firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security.
- Experience with multi-factor authentication and endpoint security.
- Strong knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning, and anti-malware, email security.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviors.
- 4+ years minimum of progressive experience in information technology, cybersecurity, application support, or applications development.
- 3+ years of dedicated security engineering across a variety of business platforms, IT platforms, or security platforms.
- 1+ years direct experience with leading frameworks and industry compliance mandates including but not limited to PCI, NIST, Cloud Security, or ISO.
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 or more security technologies (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, Email Security, EDR, MFA, SIEM, IPS, Firewalls, etc.).
- Possess one or more current industry certifications relevant to the job e.g. CISSP, CISM, C-RISC, C|CISO, CISA, SANS certifications, or equivalent experience.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to help build out a security program from scratch within a large, reputable company.
- Establish policies, standards, security awareness, strengthening a program, and phase the security program to a good maturity level.
- You will get the chance to influence the way the security program is built and gain experience you won’t gain anywhere else.
- Healthcare, PTO, Weekly Pay
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.