Senior Business Analyst
The Information Systems (IS) Business Analyst is responsible developing a sound knowledge for researching, planning, coordinating and recommending business, cost, strategy, software and system choices to meet organizational business requirements. The IS Business Analyst is an internal consultancy role responsible for investigating processes, technology, cost, and strategy while identifying options for improving and bridging the needs of the business with the use of Information Systems and Technology. An IS Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and documenting the Information Systems needs of clients to help identify problems and propose solutions. The IS Business Analyst will manage incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties. The IS Business Analyst is to understand, interpret and suggest resolution to technical systematic issues and communicates these issues effectively to management and peers. Role will need to support the Consumer Facing Systems applications and integration points, coordinating with external vendors as required. Role will work with the business community to scope, prioritize, and execute enhancements. The scope of analysis is limited to all business functions within a specific business domain.
- Familiarity with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Possess the management skills to help IS Business Analysts manage projects, resources, risk, and change.
- Interpersonal skills to help IS Business Analysts work with end users as well as with other IS Business Analysts, programmers, and other systems professionals.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- On-Call duties may include carrying a cell phone and being responsive for immediate notifications.
- Ability to establish deliverables and detail customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders and service providers in order to establish the deliverables for the service providers, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups).
- Ability to implement approved actions and workarounds with vendors minimizing risk.
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to team performance.
- Supports team building by building mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Waterfall and Agile software development Methodologies/frameworks.
- Possess current hands-on working knowledge of the following technologies:
10 Years overall IS/IT experience with at least:
- 7 years application development experience
- 5 years of experience in working with third party vendors
- Prior experience working with off-shore personnel is a plus
- Experience with CRM, consumer facing web & mobile applications a plus
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline preferred; Computer Science or Decision Information Systems
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.