Senior Cloud Engineers
PROJECT: Provider Data Platform is part of the Health Care Platform, containing integrated and enhanced datasets from multiple sources. Built using data streaming pipelines, this strategic platform serves up information through HL7 FHIR APIs, Kafka streams, and supports analytics.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: Healthcare experience is preferred but not a must. I am looking for strong cloud engineers who are used to working in AWS using modern microservices and distributed systems architectures.
– Java (SpringBoot apps): 5 years
– Docker: 2 years
– Kafka: 2 years
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Coverage for majority of the skills listed and big data experience.
LOCATION: Remote. Can come in to an office once COVID restrictions are lifted, but not required.
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
TEAM STRUCTURE: We are an agile org, with multiple scrum teams in US and India (multiple locations). A typical scrum team will have a lead engineer and 2-3 developers. This is an opening for a developer on the scrum team. Teams will also have a product owner and scrum master who may be shared among them.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1 panel interview by 3 of our lead engineers and 1 leadership interview. The interviews will have to be via video. And they will be very technical since our engineers cover them and make hiring recommendations. No coding assignments or tests, but they will probe the candidate’s expertise in areas they list on their resume.
Delivers assigned features for the Product on AWS in an agile environment with a strong emphasis on reusability and scalability of components.
• Develop highly-scalable microservices, APIs, and data streaming pipelines on AWS
• Define and implement technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process
• Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output
• Gather and analyze data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates
• Interact with other scrum teams on the platform and across the engineering community in the division
• Proactively automate infrastructure, application and services to enable an automated delivery through the CI/CD pipelines
Must to Have:
• Strong expertise in Java, especially Spring and SpringBoot
• Experience building RESTful web services
• Proficiency with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Twistlock, Fortify, Sonar)
• Experience building and deploying applications to the AWS using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to Have:
• Experience with data pipelines and big data ecosystem (Hadoop, AWS EMR, Spark, Scala)
• Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
• Knowledge of software and infrastructure security practices
• Expertise with modern programming languages, systems, and architectures
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.