Senior Data Scientist
Fully Remote (Tampa, FL)
Want to help a global retail company derive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)? Excited by using massive amounts of disparate data to develop ML models? Eager to learn to apply ML to a diverse array of enterprise use cases?
If so, our enterprise client is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to partner with their leadership and the business to build a data science capability from the ground up. We are looking for a leader with strong technical depth and experience in using AI and ML to enable predictive and prescriptive analytics. They will set the direction for the roadmap for where we will first apply data science within the business as well as have a strong say in the technology suite of tools to utilize.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new methodologies and processes that will answer difficult analytical questions in pricing, marketing, product, operations, accounts receivable, etc.
- Ability to deliver a ML project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models with concept-drift monitoring and retraining to deliver business impact to the organization
- Facilitate data-driven and informed decision making through the enablement of advanced (predictive and prescriptive analytics)
- Assess the efficiency and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Develop processes and tools to supervise and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Influence and deliver against your domain’s roadmap － field requests, prioritize against business needs, and define delivery timelines
- Passion for solving complex problems and can present sophisticated ideas in a way that’s easy to understand － anticipating objections while persuading others to adopt and act on a point of view
- Identify & Define Key Performance Indicators, in close partnership with product teams
- Apply a variety of quantitative methods including but not limited to descriptive analysis, univariate and multivariate tests, statistical modeling etc. to find opportunities to optimize consumer’s digital experience
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Review code generated for fitness, appropriateness and optimality
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Requires 5+ years experience in applying advanced analytics to drive business outcomes
- Experience building statistical models
- Experience building advanced analytical systems;
- Experience building data science strategy & roadmaps
- Proven examples of how they have used data to proactively make business decisions and drive value
- Experience in vendor selection for data science/advanced analytics tools (ex. DataRobot, Alteryx, Spotfire, etc)
- Excellent communicator of data-driven decisions.
- SQL programming skills. Python or R programming skills
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Highly motivated and high level of energy and enthusiasm
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.