Contract to Hire
Location: Cincinnati – Remote start
This role will work on a smaller team with a specific purpose around regulatory reporting. It’s mapping the current data flows and providing guidance and building a more modern, streamlined ETL from intake to reporting. Specific knowledge and experience around the regulator reports of Y9C, 14Q, 14M, Call Report would be HIGHLY preferred.
This role will be working closely with the lines of business in the regulatory reporting space to document, map, and streamline the data flow process from ingestion to reporting. Specific knowledge and experience with Y9C/14Q/Call Report is highly desired. Experience with regulatory reporting data is a must-have. Tasks will include but not be limited to documentation of existing data flow process, cataloging of data, data lineage, testing, validation, recommendation and application of modern ETL tools and technologies, building relationships with the business, data analysis, and reporting.
The data engineer designs and builds platforms, tools, and solutions that help the bank manage, secure, and generate value from its data. The person in this role creates scalable and reusable solutions for gathering, collecting, storing, processing, and serving data on both small and very large (i.e. Big Data) scales. These solutions can include on-premise and cloud-based data platforms, and solutions in any of the following domains ETL, business intelligence, analytics, persistence (relational, NoSQL, data lakes), search, messaging, data warehousing, stream processing, and machine learning.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for design, Development, and Support of data solutions, APIs, tools, and processes to enable rapid delivery of business capabilities.
· Work closely with IT application teams, Enterprise architecture, infrastructure, information security, and LOB stakeholders to translate business and technical strategies into data-driven solutions for the Bank.
· Act as a technical Expert addressing problems related to system and application design, performance, integration, security, etc.
· Applying data management capabilities such as cataloging, quality, dictionary, and lineage.
· Conduct research and Development based on current trends and technologies related to the banking industry, data engineering and architecture, data security, and related topics.
· Work with developers to Build CI/CD pipelines, Self-service Build tools, and automated deployment processes.
· Evaluate software products and Provide documented recommendations as needed.
· Provide support and troubleshooting for data platforms. Must be willing to Provide escalated on-call Support for complicated and/or critical incidents.
· Plan and work on internal projects as needed, including legacy system replacement, Monitoring and analytics improvements, tool Development, and technical documentation.
· Provide technical guidance and mentoring for other team members.
· Manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to management, business and IT sponsors, and technical resources in language that is appropriate for each group.
· At least 7 years of related experience, including at least 5 years in a hands-on data development role.
· Familiarity with Agile principles
· Significant experience with at least one major RDBMS product.
· Experience doing deep data analysis/research
· Experience working with and supporting Unix/Linux and Windows systems.
· Proficient in relational database modeling concepts and techniques.
· Solid conceptual understanding of distributed computing principles.
· Working knowledge of application and data security concepts, best practices, and common vulnerabilities.
· Experience with DataStage, SQL, Python
· Experience in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: big data technologies and distributions, metadata management products, commercial ETL tools, Bi and reporting tools, messaging systems, data warehousing, Java (language and run time environment), major version control systems, continuous integration/delivery tools, infrastructure automation and virtualization tools, major cloud, or rest API design and development.
· Experience with regulatory reporting specifically Y9C/14Q/Call Report
· Experience with Axiom preferred
· Self-driven/self-learned individual
· Superior communication skills
· Able to articulate the importance of regulatory reporting/data
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.