PROJECT: The CDRE Engineering group is responsible for re-imaging IT operations within Optum. We build products using modern open source tools that are 24/7 and scale. Projects utilizes API-first, hybrid cloud, modern data storage technologies to build foundational systems for the enterprise. This role is required in the effort to optimize and modernize across Optum.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: Someone who is a self-starter, has strong communication and leans into collaboration. An ability to engineer solutions using unfamiliar tools in a new ecosystem that is constantly evolving. Experience working at scale is strongly preferred. Cloud, automation, modern toolset, and 12-factor app experience will be challenged in an interview. Opinionated, but flexible and innovative working within constraints. This is a coding role. A passion for solving problems and building is a must. Candidate must be able to write a concise resume that highlights areas of expertise.
TOP REQUIREMENTS: 1) Team player, 2) building software that scales, 3) proficient in multiple coding languages.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? More than just being a “widget maker” – the best candidates are prepared to jump into the deep end, roll up their sleeves, and craft elegant solutions to critical business problems. If a candidate can demonstrate this during an interview, it will set them apart.
TEAM STRUCTURE: Small delivery teams (3-5 developers) that have focused objectives. Developers are encouraged to work beyond their teams to influence direction as needed. Engineers are responsible for end-to-end technical solution, executing on a prioritized roadmap, effectively communicating technical hurdles.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1) Resume 2) technical take home 3) video (webex) with 2+ engineers from the team.
LOCATION: Will start working remotely, but is expected to come into the office once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for maturing the DevOps mindset within the agile teams using techniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery to provide quality products with seamless integration across Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and Release Management roles.
The successful candidate will be a servant leader who develops and supports a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team. Blogging and community support are a part of this role.
Candidates will work in a DevOps team environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments. Since the team is very young in its adoption of DevOps principles there is still a fair amount of manual maintenance work. Candidates are expected to handle the manual work while figuring out how to automate it.
• 6 years of IT experience on web-based products
• 4 years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
• 4 years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
• 2 years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as C, C#, C++ or Java
• 2 years of experience with at least 1 scripting language such as Perl, Python or PowerShell.
• 2 years of continuous integration experience
• 1 years of experience with programmatic interaction with NoSQL / SQL / Graph / Table databases.
• Git (contributions on Github++)
• Scripted environments experience
• Configuration as code experience
• Infrastructure experience
• Site Reliability experience
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
• Blue-green Deployment Strategies and Tactics
Sr. Devops Engineer
Hartford, CT (remote position to start)
12 Month Contract-to-Hire
$70-74/hr. D.O.E (salary conversion estimate: $128,000)
As a Sr. Devops Engineer for our Fortune 10 Healthcare client, you will be a part of an Agile delivery team responsible for re-imaging IT operations at the enterprise level, engineering solutions in a new ecosystem. You will utilize the DevOps mindset to build foundational systems for the enterprise using API-first, hybrid-cloud, and modern data storage technologies, providing quality products with seamless integration across Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and Release Management roles.
· 6 years of IT experience on web-based products
· 4 years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
· 4 years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development
· 2 years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as C, C#, C++ or Java
· 2 years of experience with at least 1 scripting language such as Perl, Python or PowerShell
· 2 years of continuous integration experience
· 1 year of experience with programmatic interaction with NoSQL / SQL / Graph / Table databases
· Preferred experience: Azure Public, Git (contributions on Github++), Configuration as Code
· Greenfield development of the foundational systems at enterprise level, utilizing previous experience building software that scales and proficiency in multiple coding languages
· Contributing to the maturing DevOps team environment, working on both tactical and strategic assignments, including some manual maintenance work while developing full-scale automation
· Development of enterprise-scale products using modern open source tools, contributing directly to the optimization and modernization of the enterprise
What’s In It For You?
· Opportunity to be a part of Greenfield Development team, defining foundational systems to optimize and modernize technology at a Fortune 10 Healthcare company
· Ability to work remotely due to current circumstances, and option to continue partial-remote work in the future
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether, it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent work, we customize our search based upon your company’s unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.