Sr. Electrical Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Contracting opportunity to develop electrical hardware design as needed for New Product Development projects and sustaining projects. There will be balance work on multiple projects and manage to deadlines. They must have expertise in the area of hardware electrical development (PCBA layout, over-voltage protection (TVS diode). AC adapter design to provide the proper amount of surge protection. Work on consolidation of AC adapters across the line of product.
- PCBA design/development/prototyping
- Bring up reference boards or prototype hardware and troubleshoot early integration issues
- Perform bench level testing with basic electrical lab bench equipment
- Plan and estimate development activities on an individual level and coordinate efforts with other teams
- Work with outside agencies to comply with industry standards (UL)
- Develop test programs, testing, technical documentation, and correspondence with internal and external sources.
- Report on project status in team meetings
- Cross collaborate with engineering teams, test teams, customer support teams, and factory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-7 years of work experience developing embedded firmware
- Strong knowledge of bus protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART and SDIO
- A working knowledge of embedded hardware (digital, analog, RF) and previous experience of bare metal applications
- Experience with SoCs, integrating hardware and software applications
- PCBA design experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.