Senior IT Project Manager
Want to be a part of an organization reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South? If this is something of interest, this team may be for you!
Our client is looking to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
We are currently helping our client based out of Charlotte, NC locate an Senior IT Project Manager to join their growing IT Infrastructure & Architecture team. As an IT Project Manager, you will drive the end-to-end delivery of strategic projects and guide these complex projects from inception through delivery and support, working in close partnership with the IT Program Manager and other business leaders. As part of this startup, your skills are needed to define, establish, and perform all aspects of project management for the IT Infrastructure and Architecture team. You will lead projects, including defining objectives, creating plans to achieve objectives, tracking progress against objectives and budgets, and driving execution of key projects.
This is a unique opportunity for a well-qualified individual to build a company from the ground up and play a part in defining our culture. As work scales, you will be expected to assist your peers in scaling resources both for IT technicians as well as project managers and/or business analysts. You will play a key role in ensuring the team can meet the demands of our internal and external customers as well as helping deliver reporting and information to our stakeholders.
As an IT Project Manager, your duties will include:
· Provide overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts
· Help establish new and improve upon existing project management processes and methodologies for the organization to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations
· Provide strategic input to the IT Program Manager on all aspects of projects being managed to provide value to the business
· Successfully manage and execute projects on schedule and on budget
· Manage internal resources and any subject matter experts from other functional areas or external entities
· Track and report project status to the IT Program Manager on a consistent basis, including identifying, categorizing, and escalating project issues and risks that need leadership attention
· Establish and maintain standardized processes, procedures, tools, training, and reporting functions related to projects worked on within IT
· Ensure that communicated and planned metrics (savings, cost, timing, etc.) are achieved
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
· Bachelor's in Organization Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Engineering or 8+ years of relevant work experience
· 5+ years of IT project management experience
· Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required) and Agile Certifications (preferred)
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Industry IT Project Execution Methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall and Scrum
· Experience with vendor management and vendor package implementations
· Experience leading extremely large, complex IT implementation objectives
· Financial experience including but not limited to creating, tracking, and managing a budget
· Strong analytical and problem-solving / decision-making skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR:
· Certified Scrum Master
· Hands on experience in implementing and/or supporting ServiceNow
· Hands on experience in implementing and/or supporting DevOps/DevSecOps processes
· Hands on experience in implementing and/or supporting large scale IT Infrastructure or Architecture projects
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.