Title: Senior Software Developer
Duration: 12 month Contract
Location: Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Brooksource is hiring a Senior Software Developer to work with our Fortune 70 client in the Telecommunications industry. This is a 12-month Contract in St. Louis, MO working full time hours. You will join a group that is responsible for the designing and engineering of enterprise provisioning systems for High Speed Data, Voice (VoIP), and Video products. You will be involved in new development, production support, and deployment support over a 40,000 end user application. We are looking for someone to bring expertise in Java development, Spring Boot, Micro-services, and Kubernetes. Please apply today!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESs
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software
- Writes programs according to specifications
- Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
- Provides troubleshooting and prioritization assistance for defect and performance issues of projects within development and in production
- 8+ years’ experience in Java and Spring Boot
- 8+ years of application design experience, including experience with designing Microservices
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
- Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience implementing Microservices solutions on various hybrid cloud platforms, including Bluemix, AWS, and Azure
- A clear passion about technology and technology trends to be constantly aware of new solutions and opportunities to improve
- Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU …?
- Ability to grow within an industry leading Telecom Company
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies
- Opportunity to directly impact customers
- Collaborative team environment
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.