Senior Modeling Engineer
Brooksource is hiring a Senior Engineering Modeler to support our clients CBRNE Defense business. The ideal modeler has knowledge of physical/mathematical phenomena and is programming savvy. As the modeler you will help develop new model types, report and brief on models directly to clients and help guide and mentor junior engineers/modelers. As a key contributor to the Hazard Modeling Team you will provide our clients customers with technical analyses as well as modeling capabilities to inform their preparedness and response planning efforts to mitigate risk to the United States or their company. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to make this Nation safer and better prepared.
- Develop complex models based of client requirements and needs
- Face of to end client to help report and brief on models created by the group
- Develop custom software and perform detailed data analysis
- Guide and mentor junior engineering staff.
- Write reports documenting progress for development activities and planning future efforts.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- 4 to 10 years of experience creating models and or simulations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related scientific field
- Significant programming experience with at least one object-oriented programming language
- At least one year of experience with project management or task leadership with proven ability to meet project deadlines on schedule and in budget.
- Ability to learn and understand new programing languages and mathematical concepts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD clearance.
What’s in it for You?
- One of the industry leaders in applied science and technology
- Extremely interesting nature of work; impactful for United States safety
- Each employee has access to their own office
- Ranked in the top 500 of best employers in America by Forbes
- Awesome worksite and ability to work alongside some of Columbus’ brightest engineers solving complex problems
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.