Brooksource is searching for a Senior Application Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12 month contract with strong potential for conversion or extension. This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced .NET developer interested in supporting an innovative and highly visible component of our client's nuclear energy fleet.
This team provides application support services through application selection, application development and application production support services for a variety of applications used within Nuclear Operations.
These applications support every Nuclear plant for training and processing of Nuclear plant workers. This analyst will analyze, plan, develop, and implement enhancements and upgrades to assigned applications, as well as participate in building new applications when assigned.
Daily You Will:
- Approx 70% of time is support duties for existing applications
- Migrate applications to newer servers. Modify applications for business requirements, changed system interfaces, code advancements, security improvements, performance improvements and compiler upgrades. Perform production troubleshooting, problem resolution, business analysis, client consulting, testing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating the implementations. For vendor-purchased systems, also interface with the vendor for patches and upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Full life-cycle activities for interfaces between systems (typically SSIS ETL) including requirements, design, coding, implementation, troubleshooting, and monitoring
- Participate in rotating on-call duty (including after hours and weekend) which is typically one week of duty every 7-9 weeks depending on team size.
- Approx 30% of time is traditional development activities for new or replacement applications
- For small to medium sized Agile projects assigned to the durable team: Full application lifecycle roles depending on skills and availability
- For large projects assigned to outside team: Participation on larger projects based on SME background, skills, and availability
- Perform requirements analysis, architecture, design, coding, and testing as assigned
- Create documentation for requirements, analysis, design, test plans, implementation plans, support documentation as required.
- Build application systems and components including end-user interfaces, interfaces between applications, web services, and database objects (tables, views, stored procedures)
Other Responsibilities and Expectations include:
- Be skilled in, and continually expand skills into, emerging technology, such as new architectures and techniques in the .NET development arena, as well as technologies to integrate mobile-based features into our applications for new nuclear site business processes
- Attain and maintain security qualifications required to work on nuclear-related applications and sensitive data
- Follow company IT processes and procedures for managing changes, managing code, handling assigned tickets, and using our company standard tools
- Learn our nuclear customers' business processes to understand application issues and appropriately prioritize work.
- Developer with solid experience in development tools for Microsoft .NET systems
- Construct application software components from design packages. Create design packages as assigned
- Production troubleshooting skills
- Comply with programming standards, and technical specifications
- Construct prototypes. Develop support documentation. Prepare and perform Unit Testing of software components. Assist with technical testing, such as system, integration, performance, load, and regression testing. Assist with transition to support as needed. Comply with change management process and procedures.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Microsoft: Solid experience in our primary technical platforms (currently Microsoft .NET winforms, C#.NET, .NET webforms, .NET web services, .Net Core, SQLServer 2016+
- Experience with additional Microsoft and .NET technologies, including Bootstrap, JQuery, JSON, MVC, Angular 9, SSRS reporting, SSIS ETL, GitHub, Jenkins, Bit Bucket and DevOps tools.
- Experience in developing Cloud based applications
- Experience with Kafka and AWS
- Experience with mobile iOS app development: Xamarin, XCode, Swift, Git
- Experience working in KANBAN/SCRUM Agile development environment and using tools like JIRA, FishEye, Crucible
- Ability to analyze functional requirements, develop technical and functional specifications for new and existing applications
- Experience leading software development efforts for in-house applications and replacement projects
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting the critical production application suite for Generation
- Experience working for large company (10,000+ employees)
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to multi task effectively, self-starter, and work with minimal supervision
- Must provide accurate, quality analysis of new program applications, as well as conduct testing, locate potential problems, and solve them in an efficient manner
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Team Size: 10 People
- Hours: Monday- Thursday, 7:00AM- 5:30PM, Fridays off, 40-hour weeks
- On Call: on call rotation between team of 10
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC. Hybrid model: 1-2 days in office, 2-3 days remote
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.