Senior .Net Developer
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. We combine a “small company” culture where your ideas will be heard with “big company” expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, maintainability, extensibility, performance, and re-use
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Develop time estimates for project deliverables.
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed.
- Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Mentor and guide others who are still developing their skills
- Participate/Lead code reviews
- Ability to be on call during deployments and support issues
Desired Technology Skills:
- .NET languages, preferably C#
- .NET frameworks such as Core, WCF, Entity Framework, and WebAPI
- Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principles
- Relational databases and data access (JDBC/DAO/SQL), preferably SQL Server
- Messaging based architecture, asynchronous messaging patterns, queuing systems
- Developing SOA based services in an ESB framework
- Test automation, unit testing, and code coverage frameworks
- Bonus: Progress Sitefinity Content Management System (CMS)
- Bonus: Progress KendoUI components
- 5+ years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Comfortable working with an Agile development methodology
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.