Title: Product Coach
Duration: 6 month Contract-To-Hire
The Product Coach will contribute to the formation and execution of a customer-centric product organization across Thrivent by engaging with individuals and teams to upskill and support them as they adopt a product operating model.
The role is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and evolving our client's New Operating Model in partnership with Agile, Engineering, and other partners. The coach will guide and support the organization in developing and advancing the product structure and product operating model.
Product coach will have exposure in the many aspects of product development from idea to market, while coaching leaders on visioning, developing objectives and measures against value-based outcomes, driving product decisions via customer-centric perspective, and guiding leaders in evaluating the future product direction and strategies.
This coach will support the business by increasing product knowledge and helping them build the right thing, in the right way. The product coach will also help develop the product coaching skills of other coaches.
• Contribute to the overall product strategy and vision of the organization with a focus on team coaching and mentorship.
• Provide thought-leadership and guide the enterprise through the product transformation journey to transition from a project-centric to product-centric organization.
• Provide one-on-one and team-level coaching for Product Managers related to roadmaps, market research, personas, customer journeys, problem statements, customer needs, product vision, opportunity assessments.
• Provide active “hands-on” coaching of multiple product teams as needed. Measure and communicate the impact of coaching efforts in both quantitative and qualitative formats.
• Coach product teams on how to define, monitor, and communicate outcomes and value delivered. Improve teams and business’s ability to deliver quality initiatives and features.
• Help refine the structure of the coaching framework to improve how our teams build a product that continuously delivers value to their customers.
• Fosters a culture of learning and continuous improvement across the organization. Catalyst for leading change and influencing at all levels of the organization.
• Models our client's leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
• Supports and/or develops an environment in which employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the client's purpose, promise and values, ensuring that the organizations trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years relevant business and technology experience, including product manager and product leadership roles. Significant experience coaching large scale change or digital transformation initiatives with proven ability to build trust, create psychological safety, and consensus.
• Understand fundamentals of iterative development, software development process and procedures
• Expertise and ability to coach in the following areas of agile product management: stakeholder management, market & user research, analysis, customer insights, design thinking, and process improvements.
• Ability to observe, empathize, and study how people interact in their environments and apply iterative methods to solve problems by prioritizing consumer needs
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Passion and understanding of new technology and trends.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and influence skills among all organizational levels; strong facilitation and executive communications skills.
• Proven success in coaching emerging and mature teams in agile practices and principals
• Effective coaching, development, and change management skillsets.
• Experience in developing and delivering comprehensive coaching plans and models, with clearly articulated success metrics and mitigation strategies (OKRs)
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive change across all levels of the organization
• Experience developing and implementing initiative and product level performance metrics
• Experience working in large, complex organizational initiatives
• Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.