Brooksource is hiring full-time, experienced, and motivated Senior Scrum Master to act as Team Facilitator for an Agile development team(s).
In this role, you will coach and facilitate the work of 6 to 12 team members, including developers, product owners/business analysts, and software engineers in test in the creation of web applications in support of the warfighter.
You will interact directly with program leadership, other Scrum Masters, and the customer to set and achieve goals, coordinate and align activities, and understand and clearly document requirements.
We're looking for someone with excellent leadership skills, communication skills, continuous improvement mindset, experience with full lifecycle software systems development, and a strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
As our Scrum Master, you will apply Agile principles and methodologies to serve as Coach and Facilitator for their team(s) of developers, test engineers, and product owner/business analysts. This includes conducting planning sessions, creating stories and acceptance criteria, tracking development progress, identifying and removing roadblocks, and ensuring application features meet the customer vision and functional requirements. Team success is a Scrum Master’s priority.
- Facilitate development and sustainment sprints to ensure assignments are defined, technical issues are resolved, and deadlines are met.
- Communicate with the product owner and external stakeholders to determine priorities and requirements.
- Conduct Increment and Sprint Planning Sessions to map out workloads and assign priority for incoming features and stories based on customer input.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups to discuss team progress and resolve impediments.
- Conduct Sprint Reviews to demonstrate progress on working software and receive feedback from the product owner and business owner.
- Facilitate Sprint Retrospectives to identify strengths and weaknesses, create solutions to improve outputs, and follow-up on remaining action items.
- Coordinate with Program Manager to ensure project development is on schedule.
- Assist with the continuous grooming of the product backlog.
- Provide mentorship to team members as needed.
- Track project status with cross-functional teams to ensure overall success.
- Promote Agile quality principles and best practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a computer, engineering or science field.
- Two or more years of professional experience as a Scrum Master in Agile development.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification or the ability to obtain it within six months of hire.
- A strong understanding of Agile development methodologies, including Scrum, Lean, and Kanban.
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills within a team environment.
- Strong sense of adaptability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented analytical skills.
Preferred Candidates should have:
- Background in Software Development.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- The ability and motivation to stay current with changes to the SAFe, emerging software development approaches and software languages.
- Proven abilities in managing time and workloads to meet multiple priority deadlines.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.