Senior Software Engineer (5-7 Years of Experience)
New York, New York (Remote due to COVID)
We are seeking an individual to work with a Fortune 50 Broadcast Media & Entertainment leader located in New York, New York. As the Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible to help the video engineering team build & manage systems that deliver all content on a new streaming application, including 24/7 linear streams and live events. In this position, you will also be responsible for ensuring the quality & reliability of live encoding and packaging space, ensuring consistency and quality.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working with web technologies, digital video workflow and operations, and digital video technology development
· Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python and Java
· Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
· Experience and knowledge with single-server ad insertion (SSAI), specifically transcoding and packing with ad projects
· Technical experience with multi-cloud technologies, specifically within architecture/infrastructure (AWS)
· Understanding of dockerization & containerization as it relates it Cloud (Kubernetes, Docker)
· Understanding of playback protocols such as, DASH, CMAF/HLS
· Knowledge of OTT video delivery pipelines including basic networking concepts, source origination, video ingest & encoding, and packing including encryption and DRM
· Using in-house & third-party tools, build and support the live and linear pipeline for streaming video, optimizing video encoding, packaging, and delivery
· Providing support for live events and other linear channels
· Use requirements and modeling to work with Product Owners to implement smart technology solutions ad tools delivery premium quality audio and video experiences
· Continuously learn, improve, and optimize processes and ways of working
· Manage and maintain cloud-based content delivery and services
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a well-known, globally leading Media Streaming organization
- Exposure to high-level business professionals in a variety of departments and geographic locations
- Opportunity to work and grow your career in fast-paced environment
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.