Application Developer III
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer computer programmer who is comfortable building container and serverless applications on the AWS cloud. You will be responsible for building scalable and user centric applications on our internal and external Cloud platforms. This includes greenfield development at Duke Energy's innovation studio at Optimist Hall. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure and design. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. Knowledge of Cloud and API development is a requirement.
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
• Help build and/or transition applications to container or serverless architectures on AWS
• Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
• Designing and developing APIs
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in building and deploying applications on AWS Cloud
• Strong programming expertise using Python, Java, Spring Boot
• Experience building Serverless applications on AWS using AWS SAM, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Cognito, Aurora, DynamoDB, IAM Roles/Permissions
• Have built and deployed applications as Docker Containers on AWS ECS
• Experience in using NoSQL databases like DynamoDB/Cassandra/MongoDB
• Experience with relational databases such as AWS Aurora, MS SQL Server, or Oracle
• Should have extensive experience implementing Microservices and RESTful APIs
• Database Design and Implementation (Postgre, MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) and proficiency with SQL
• Understanding of Cloud-Native development principles
• Influential communicator with technical and non-technical teammates
• Can work autonomously and self-initiated
• A team player! We want people who are humble, hungry, and smart!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.