Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote (must live in NC, SC, GA, VA)
Brooksource is seeking a dynamic and driven Software Engineer to join our Carolinas-based Healthcare client for a 6-month contract to hire opportunity. As the Software Engineer, you will help engineer their analytics product to enhance the organizations universal capability layers. You will have the opportunity to work within a growing development and information management organization, follow Agile workflows, and aid in the continuous development of their enterprise information management platforms and solutions.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these solutions, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of infrastructure and design. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Work closely with internal employees across departments to gather, analyze and document business requirements
- · Writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders
- · Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy
- · Focus on improving current software development practices and standards
- · Ability to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders of the project, including those who do not have a technical background and possess exceptional troubleshooting skills to assess quickly complex programming applications/platforms
- · Stays on the leading edge of software development tools and best practices
- · Self-directed with a start-up/ entrepreneur mindset
- Clearly communicate team wide progress and identify blocking processes/patterns that hold a team back
- Participate in paired programming and code reviews with juniors to expand the team's collective knowledge and understanding of software engineering
- Complete independent research to refine best practices and present work to peers
- Turn complex ideas into manageable pieces of work to complete as part of a product team
- Coach and mentor software developers
- Provide technical guidance to leadership so that solutions are built with innovation and sustainability in mind
- Learn the business drivers of a product and help drive the technical direction of a product to fulfill the desired vision
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred or the equivalent in education and experience
- 5+ years of professional experience utilizing C#, Python, REACT and/or Angular
- Professional Experience working in an agile environment, Scrum or Kanban
- 3+ years of professional Azure experience preferred (AWS, GPC, etc. can transfer)
- A breadth of experience building software solutions (through a strong mix of independent research/projects and industry expertise)
- 5-7 years' previous experience in software development. (Either 7 years of experience specifically in software development or five years of experience in software development in combination with 2 years alternative experience in a related field). Ideally has a portfolio of work – code samples, etc.
- Significant familiarity and comfort in using IDEs. Knows short-cuts and frequents operations that speeds up development time
- Deep and solid understanding of APIs
- Familiarity with a several frameworks. Resulting code is concise and easy-to-follow
- Experience with automation and optimization. Looks for ways to create repeatable patterns that increase the efficiency of the team
- Understanding of functional programming and how to apply functional concepts in any language. Quick to picking up a new language or adopting a more recent version of a language.
- Familiarity and able to comfortably work with multiple platforms.
- Ability to debug and avoid future problems by building more robust solutions.
- Ability to look at previous personal or team experience and use this to analyze mistakes/successes, draw conclusions, and design future solutions. Resulting solutions have few bugs and quick remediation times.
- Experience working with one or more CI/CD stacks and associated best practices. Ability to setup CI/CD for new products with no guidance. Recommends and implements modifications to CI/CD processes when continuous improvement opportunities are identified
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.