Brooksource is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team at a Fortune 25 healthcare client. The organization is focusing on cloud enablement relative to new federal mandates surrounding data sharing and standardization best practices.
Qualified candidates will have enterprise-level development experience building web services and APIs. Additionally, candidates must have experience with cloud engineering or DevOps.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a cutting-edge technology stack and impact future growth within the organization.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience within an enterprise level environment
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience with Java/J2EE and integrating with RESTful web services
- Experience with data streaming tools, Kafka preferred
- Experience with cloud engineering, Azure preferred
- Experience with DevOps best practices and tooling, specifically Docker containers
- Contribute to the design, development, deployment and support of software to create business value.
- Assist the team in adding enhancements to our system, refactoring technical debt, and researching new technologies and frameworks.
- Design and develop APIs
- Construct services to interact with Kafka and convert Spark/Scala code to API services
- Join an agile team; participating in stand-ups, iteration planning, design reviews and other typical agile ceremonies.
- Learn personally and teach others. The team is built on the premise that learning is never-ending and essential for continued growth and success.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.